Ban pit bulls

Now that yet another resident of the this city has been mauled by a pit bull, I wonder, what purpose exactly do pit bull terriers serve for the owners?

More importantly, what service do they serve for us, the residents of his city?

The answer in both cases is nothing.

Pit bulls by their nature are ferocious animals.

They are attack dogs – and they often attack.

They love violence and mayhem.

They enjoy mauling people they do not know.

They are strong, so strong, that when attacking police, the police tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

They do no-one any good and wherever they live, there is the potential for disaster.

Such was the case last week when a pit bull tried to maul a 76 year old Eastern Avenue resident.

In fact, the pit bull did maul her, and in such a way, that she was taken to the hospital bleeding profusely and was stitched up by doctors.

The pit-bull was put down, as it should have been.

In fact, it should have been put down before it had the chance to maul the 76 year old Eastern Avenue woman.

By our count, this is the 12th incidence of pit bull mauling of a local person in the past three years. This is just a guess approximation.

Pit bulls living in this city have mauled grandmothers, children, infants, men and women, just about anyone they feel like mauling.

How many innocent residents must be mauled by pit bulls in this city before they are outlawed?

Of course, I’ve been told by pet lovers and those who claim to know that pit-bulls are loving animals, that most pit bulls are gentle by nature and that they would never hurt a soul.

Sorry.

I don’t buy into that, and those mauled by pit bulls in this city certainly won’t buy into it, either.

In this city where so much of what we do is regulated by rules and regulations, perhaps it would be a good idea to out-law pit bulls for the public good.

How many more maulings of innocents by pit bulls are necessary before the city does the right thing to protect its residents?

421 comments for “Ban pit bulls

1. May 6, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Obviously, I'm disgusted by the lack of research by this “journalist”. A large group of NJ animal owners and advocates and I are doing all we can to prevent BSL from passing in our state. So, of course, I'm shaking my head at the insanity and myopic hate being vomited out to the public throughout the entire article. However, I'm just as disgusted by this person's writing style. What IS this? Really, Massachusetts, this is who you give the great gift of a public forum to? I'm proud to say that I regularly see better writing from my sixth grade students. In fact, I shouldn't even compare this nonsense to what my students produce. Somebody get me a red pen.

2. ann_f
    May 6, 2010 at 8:43 pm

This breed like any breed can be taught to fight, however their nature is to be loving and loyal like any breed, when they are raised in a loving, discipline environment. It's not the breed that makes a good dog, it's the people they are raised by. Try doing research on a subject before writing about it. Opinions don't make for a good read, facts do.

3. Tracy
    May 6, 2010 at 8:54 pm

If you ever had the pleasure to own a pitbull or be around one, your perspective and ignorance would be changed. Until then, your life shall be incomplete because thats how pitbulls make their owners feel — Complete.

4. A.C.
    May 6, 2010 at 9:05 pm

You are so completely ignorant. The world would be a better place without you. How about we do away with ignorant people rather than pit bulls? Makes more sense to me.

5. sexyred226
    May 6, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Awesome reply!!!!! Stop blaming the dog and blame the ppl that have them. Also get a life and leave these pits alone…:)

6. Amy
    May 7, 2010 at 8:13 am

I am saddened that a newspaper in Massachusetts is hiring such ignorant people to write stories for their journals. At the very least, you should have done your research and dug up your statistics before blatantly lying in your article. Your statement “Pit bulls by their nature are ferocious animals.” This could not be any further from the truth. Try going to reputed dog associations and getting some facts, before you embarrass yourselves with your incorrect and outrageous assumptions.

The UNITED KENNEL CLUB states: “APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior towards humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable.”

The AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB (AKC) states: “From the past history of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, the modern dog draws its character of indomitable courage, high intelligence, and tenacity. This, coupled with its affection for its friends, and children in particular, its off-duty quietness and trustworthy stability, makes it a foremost all-purpose dog.”

There are many reasons for why dogs attack. But the culprit is most often the human being. Why is a dog running loose, and able to attack? Has this dog been socialized? Was this dog abused by it's owner? Was it kept tethered in a yard all day, with no human contact? Was the dog spayed/neutered?

– 25% of fatal dog attacks involve dogs that are chained/ tethered.
    – 80% of all fatal dog attacks involve intact (unneutered or unspayed) dogs.

Malcom Gladwell, a real journalist for The New Yorker, wrote an article a few years ago, “Troublemakers”. His article was based on facts and interviews, and not opinionated diarrhea of the mouth.

In The New Yorker article – “The strongest connection of all, though, is between the trait of dog viciousness and certain kinds of dog owners. In about a quarter of fatal dog-bite cases, the dog owners were previously involved in illegal fighting. The dogs that bite people are, in many cases, socially isolated because their owners are socially isolated, and they are vicious because they have owners who want a vicious dog. The junk-yard German shepherd which looks as if it would rip your throat out, and the German-shepherd guide dog are the same breed. But they are not the same dog, because they have owners with different intentions.”

Randall Lockwood, a senior vice-president of the A.S.P.C.A. and one of the country's leading dogbite experts was interviewed in the article, and states: “A fatal dog attack is not just a dog bite by a big or aggressive dog. It is usually a perfect storm of bad human-canine interactions – the wrong dog, the wrong background, the wrong history in the hands of the wrong person in the wrong environmental situation. I've been involved in many legal cases involving fatal dog attacks, and, certainly, it's my impression that these are generally cases where everyone is to blame. You've got the unsupervised three-year-old child wandering in the neighborhood killed by a starved, abused dog owned by the dogfighting boyfriend of some woman who doesn't know where her child is. It's not old Shep sleeping by the fire who suddenly goes bonkers. Usually there are all kinds of other warning signs.”

If you actually want to learn more about the breed, and see why your article is incorrect and ridiculous, check out http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Pitbull
    You will find many articles and statistics. But you will also find 860 pit bull owners and their pit bulls. You ask the question, “Most importantly, what service do they [pit bulls] serve for us, the residents of his city?” (And by the way, you should really do a once-over review of any article you write, before publishing it on a website – or in any other place, for that matter. I believe you meant to say “this city”. Not “his city.”) Well on this meetup site, you will be able to see all of the amazing things that pit bulls do for us New Yorkers. And beyond serving an everyday service of giving us love and affection and companionship, we have many pit bulls in our group who are certified therapy dogs, guide dogs, and service dogs. Surely, you cannot say that a guide dog and a service dog are not integral in helping an individual in society. Oh, Lynn Journal, your article is just shameful.

7. Lisa Foley
    May 7, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I have 2 Pit Bulls and 1 Purchased and 1 adopted and rescued. May I ask how many previous incidents this particular dog was agressive towards? How many times the cops were called out to the property? These are instramental in deciding the agressiveness of a dog.
    I am repeatedly bit by my nieces Chiuauah. On an average 4 hour visit that dog bites me at least 10 times. However seeing as how the dog has a bite capacity of a mouse I have never needed Doctor care. I have never been bit however by a Rottweiler, Pit Bull or American Staffordshire.

8. Tanya
    May 7, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Interesting and irresponsible of the paper to not identify the writer by name.

9. May 7, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Your “article” is truly offensive. I had a list of comments regarding your lack of knowledge about this much maligned breed, but I see you've already taken an earful. Thank you to all of you who stood up to this uninformed “reporter.” To the Journal Staff writer of this ridiculously opinionated piece, you should go get a job that you can handle, something where you have to wear a name tag so people know who blame for such stupidity.

10. mattmazza
    May 8, 2010 at 6:48 am

I love how everyone points out the wrong of a Pitbull. Yet the same people tend to love German shephards, Dobermans, and Rottweillers. I would really love to know who designates you uneducated people to the position to have a public view and opinion of anything. Shephards are the original war dog. Used to go into enemy camps and anialate enemy soldiers. Yet voted one of the best dogs as a pet. Rottweillers and Shephards both used as police attack dogs. You can train a chihuaua to be mean. For that matter there are thousands of people a day attacked by other people and brutally harrassed and killed by repeat offender, sex criminals, and perverts. But we just put them on a public access website and releaase them into neiborhoods where children, and women live and sleep, and are volnerable to these attacks. Butpeople who are worried about Pitbulls see nothing wrong with a convicted child molester living next stored to an elementary school. Get a life and read up Pitbulls only do what they know. Just like people. We are not allowed to put a huan down when he attacks even though some one made them like that. So why should we be able to kills an animal whos I.Q. is far less but we tend to expect the dog to know better.

11. mattmazza
    May 8, 2010 at 6:56 am

These people suck assholes!!!!!!

12. K8 Smith
    May 9, 2010 at 7:26 am

You poor idiot.

google is your friend – there's Jill's business. I'd say she's more than qualified to “jeopardize” her business with a pit bull.

13. Ripley
    May 9, 2010 at 11:15 am

Main Entry: fact
    Pronunciation: ˈfakt
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere
    Date: 15th century
    1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : feat b : crime <accessory after the fact> c archaic : action
    2 archaic : performance, doing
    3 : the quality of being actual : actuality
    4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
    5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality
    — in fact : in truth
    As noted by the Merriam-Webster’s dictionary, the definition of a fact is a statement that can be proven with evidence.
    While I don’t know any of the people who’ve responded to this “article,” I have no doubt that they could & would (if it would do any good) provide photographic evidence that their pits are well-behaved, loving pets, testaments by neighbors & friends who’ve had pleasant encounters with their animals, comments from therapy patients who have been touched by a pitbull, etc.
    My research has revealed that critics of
    dogsbite.org have been locked out of commenting or expressing their views or sharing their own experiences. By definition, censoring is the deleting of material considered sensitive or harmful. At a minimum, dogsbite.org misrepresents facts on their site & engages in censoring. Beyond these unprofessional activities, people who are opposed to such actions & have sent e-mails asking uncomfortable questions, have had their information googled & re-posted to an alternate website & have been labeled a “pit nutter.” It goes without saying that this was done without this person’s permission.
    I’ve read ALL of the responses & being new to this debate, I would have to say the pitbull advocates, as a whole, have made a much more compelling, researched argument. Those few who are opposed to these dogs have continuously sited one organization & accused supporters & organizations devoted to rescuing these dogs to be dog fighters & breeders. Even when presented with personal stories to the contrary, they stand firm in their ignorance. For those who shared personal stories of being a victim, I can only express my heartfelt sympathy & I hope you find some peace & closure.
    I can only hope that when push comes to shove, responsible, caring owners’ stories will be successful in helping restore the reputation of these dogs in the public’s eye.

14. sondra magee
    May 9, 2010 at 7:23 pm

let me tell you something i am an animal control officer and never have i heard such ignorance in my life.. are you for real buddy do you go to bed and really have these thoughts in your head you need help.. i own two pitbulls or should i say they own me and let me tell you they are very lovable dogs. my cat plays with them and my daughter has been bitten by two different golden retrievers so should we out law them too imagine shes never been bitten by a pit bull and i have not in my line of work been bitten by a pit bull a cat does more damage. so sorry for my fustrations but people like you need to be out lawed so with that said do me a favor and stay off the streets because you are the one that society needs to be afraid of…do your reseach before you write about something you have no fing clue about…………to all the pit lovers out there keep your dog sasfe from people like this ass.

15. kcm23
    May 11, 2010 at 3:17 am

i wonder how many people hear about other dog breeds mauling people? none! because the criminals in the country have created such a bad name for this specific breed of dog. The dogs need good owners. I have a pit and i wouldn't trade it for the world. How dare people say all these dogs are bad. Until you own one and train it and see how it reacts you cant tell what it will do. My dog plays with kids and other animals just fine. Yes they may have a little extra energy than most breeds but it is the owners job to take care of them the proper way. They need exercise. They need good loving families. They need owner's with the time and energy to put into them. Dont just get these dogs because you think its cool. Get them because they are good dogs. I would rather have 100 pit bulls than 1 chiahuhua.

16. kcm23
    May 11, 2010 at 3:20 am

Ill tell you what.. i dare you to come see my pit. Spend the day at my home with my dog. If you think they should be banned then why dont you come see one up close and personal. Or are you too scared and just want to write a piece on a breed that you know absoutly nothing about. I promise by the end of the day you will be singing a different tune.

17. kcm23
    May 11, 2010 at 3:36 am

ok whoever you are, you are obviously the dumbest person any of us have ever met. You have the name pit victim…. were you molested by them licking you or was it the fact they just didnt like you cause they could tell you were absolutly ignorant? Either way no one cares.

18. ta2kitty
    May 12, 2010 at 12:21 am

Saw the picture…definitely NOT a Boston Terrier. That IS a pit bull on Helen Keller's lap.
    Education is essential. We need to promote responsible ownership (spay/neuter, socialize, obey leash laws.) An entire breed should not be made to pay the price for a few irresponsible owners. IGNORANCE breeds HATE. Do the research and do your part to be a good owner…regardless of the breed.
    Also, many people mistake other breeds for pit bulls. I have had several people take the following test and very seldom do they pick the pit bull out. http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit
    Let's place the blame where it belongs…there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

19. Lee
    May 15, 2010 at 8:42 am

Anyone that knows dogs, knows that you cannot say the pit bull breed is bad. I have personally dealt with thousands of pit bulls over the last 15 years. I have fostered about 20 pits over the years and they lived in harmony with my other dogs. They know that I am the alpha, and there are rules to follow. A few I kept an adopted myself. Who attacks and kills more people than anyone? That would be MEN. Saying the pit bull or any other breed should be banned is as stupid as saying that men should be banned. Dogs have to be looked at individually. Look at how their human treats them. If they are part of the family, with rules to follow, they are well behaved dogs. If their humans are violent people that fight them, or keep them tied outside with no human contact the dog will not be a well adjusted animal. The humans should be held responsible for the actions of the dogs. None of my pits are aggressive. The last one I adopted had some food and toy issues with the other dogs. After showing her that behavior was not appropriate, she is like a little angel now. She is calm and relaxed and knows that I love her and would do anything to protect her. By the way, out of all the dogs that I have fostered over the years, the ones that tried to bite me were: border collie mix, bichon, jack russell, and maltese. PIT BULLS ARE THE BEST!

20. Jon
    May 15, 2010 at 9:28 am

Even for an “opinion” piece I don't believe I've seen an article that is so shoddy from a journalistic perspective in quite some time and it really makes me wonder about this papers credentials as a result. I'm tempted to go line by line, but I'll just stay high level and submit that you should really do some research before saying things like “They do no-one any good” and “what purpose exactly do pit bull terriers serve for the owners?”. I believe had you done even some rudimentary research on the breed and talked to some of their owners you would have found answers to these baseless questions.

Pit Bulls are exceptional, loving companion animals. Of all the terriers, retrievers, and other breeds I've had throughout my life there is no dog more loving, affectionate, and loyal than the 2 pit bulls I've been fortunate to own. Their purpose is that of any companion animal, and they make very good family dogs. The double edged sword is that they are so eager to please their owners that if they fall into the hands of thugs (who think of them as a tough guy status symbol) they can be trained to be aggressive – but that is far from their natural disposition and the same can be said for any powerful breed, so why do you single out just banning a single breed?

Do something about bad owners and there will be no problem with pit bulls or any other dog with a misaligned public perception (a large part of that perception played up by a media long on hot air and short on facts, of which this “article” is a sterling example).

The first full facial transplant that took place a few ears ago was necessitated by a vicious dog mauling. The breed of the dog? A golden retriever. Is the solution to ban that entire breed as well?

21. My dogs a pitbull
    May 15, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Working directly with dogs everyday in a veterinary hospital, I can tell you that ALL dogs attack. I had in today a Viszla PUPPY that when I went to hold it for exam, reared jumped all over snarling and snapping at me. When the owners tried to muzzle, it did the same thing. The only way they could attempt to do anything was to offer a treat while putting the muzzle on – in between snarls. Everyday, from the local shelter I have 1-2 dogs come in for spay/neuter procedures, mostly pitbulls. Guess what? NONE of them have ever attempted any aggression. I have first hand video and accounts of pitbulls full of lacerations, and despite their pain wag their tails at me when I touch them or insert needles into their veins for catheters or blood draw. One of the most cage aggressive dogs I have ever had was a golden retreiver…so bad in fact that we had to call the owner down to the hospital to get him out of the cage, and muzzle him so we could attempt a sedative. I have had almost everybreed of dog try to bite or growl at me whether it was simply touch it or hold it for a procedure. What does my pitbull do for me???? I will tell you, when I come in the door at the end of the day she wags her whole body waiting for hugs and kisses, in fact, kisses is a word she knows and if uttered one will receive a tongue bath. Because she is a terrier, she has alot of energy (FYI so to labs, jack russells, and weimeraners) she loves to run and play, so what she also does for me is exercise and improvement of my health from jogging with her. Once, at work there was a bulldog who was a respiratory watch meaning that at some point it may have serious trouble breathing and need immediate medical attention. My pittie would all night do rounds checking on the dogs, but kept going to look at that one all night….by morning the dog had trouble breathing and needed oxygen – to which I was alerted by my concerned dog. A veterinarian I work with owns a small mix and a jack russell whom I have to keep my pittie away from, why? because the jack russell may attack my pit. My dog has had numerous small dogs growl, lunge, and snap at her. She backs off and looks perplexed. One instance involved my former landlords cocker spaniel. My BF 5 year old niece was over visiting with my dog and I. We went out to play (all three of us) and the cocker came running over intensly barking and lunging at me. My dog saw this dog and ran over to play (my dog wasn't growling but wagging her tail and play bowing). The cocker spaniel (smaller that my dog) literally ran over my dog snapping in the air at her neck and abdomen. My BF niece was screaming afraid for my dog. I kept calling my dog but she stayed where she was in between the 5year old girl and that dog (keep in mind my pitbull was not growling, not snapping, doing NOTHING AGGRESSIVE, but laid on the ground under the cocker). Only when I was able to get the child to the house did my dog come. From that day forth when the little girl came over and saw that cocker spaniel, she would panic and run to my pitbull and my foster pitbull. Just the other week I was out jogging with my dog. An unleashed, uncontained, without owner jack russell came running over in an aggressive manor. My dog just wanted to say hi, but I was nervous. Why? not because of my dog, but for my dog. I thought what if this little dog bit my dog? Who would believe me? I was the only human on the street. Therefore no witnesses or others to help me if this unatteded dog decided to attack. Even when I tried to retreat with my leashed, friendly pitbull, this dog followed us running and barking at us. Luckily he lost interest. I wasn't sure what else to do other than to pickup my pitbull and run to the nearest house if needed. Lastly, did I mention I have 2 cats as well? guess what, one cat sleeps with my dog in her crate and rubs all over her, AND bites her in play. All my pitbull does when a cat (any cat) hisses, or bites, or lunges or scratches, or chases her? Wag her tail harder.

So what does a pitbull serve you ask? the same purpose as any other dog nowadays: companionship.

22. Todd J.
    May 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I have a great idea, lets ban gangbangers and whitetrash and other such udermensch instead, Bet that would go a long way towards solving the problem. Send them to the gas chambers instead or give them the leathal injection.
    How many gangmembers in our cities rape, kill, rob and terrorize good citizens? How many meth addicted losers do the same, How about not wasting your time on an innocent animal and concentrate on the real threat? Oh that's right, Pitbulls cant fight back or threaten your family. Easy to be a tough guy when up against being that cant fight back huh?

23. Ernie
    May 16, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Loved this post!!! You have done a great job researching!! I am a pitt bull owner and I HAVE NEVER owned a more loving and affectionate animal. I wish more people would research something and find out facts instead of just listening to one set of statistics and making an unimformed decision and then crusading to make people believe that incomplete data.

24. Sam
    May 16, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I know there are alot of dangerous animals out there but it isn't exclusively Pit Bulls. I have been bitten or attacked by a Doberman, German Shepard and two chows but you never see them in the news. If you knew anything about Pit Bulls you would know that natural human aggression has been bred out of the breed. They are a fighting dog and for hundreds of years men did not want dogs in the pit that would attack the men in the pit with them.
    The AKC did a temperment test with 50 of the most popular breeds to determine which dog is the best around people. The Pit bull came in SECOND PLACE. Only dog with a better temprment towards people is the golden retriever. You might want to get your facts right.
    I have an idea instead of banning Pit Bulls; target the irresponsible owners.
    I have five kids and a one year old registered Pit Bull that is absolutey wonderful with all of them. The smartest dog I ever had.
    I have seen articles on Pits saving a 75 year old woman from a home invader, a pit dragging his paralyzed master out of a burning house and my personal favorite ;a seven year old boy is attacked by two Akitas and a quick thinking neighbor let his Pit off his chain and the Pit took both of the Akitas on while the neighbor got the hurt child to safety. Those stories never make the front page and it's a shame because there are thundreds of stories like these showing a Pits fearless loyal courage.
    Did you know a Pit Bull is in the Smithsonian Museum for winning multiple war medals during WW1. He saved 5000 men from a gas attack.

How many people will die in car wrecks before we ban cars?. Sounds stupid doesn't it; thats exactly what you sound like.

25. fade14
    May 18, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Wow you are so wrong and it s sad. I hope you educate yourself on the breed . I want to yel and curse you but whats the point. your a misrable person it sounds like.

26. Steve Burgess
    May 23, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Pit bulls need to be shot, burned, or fed some tasty dog food with antifreeze topping.. These people that own pit bulls all come from the same breed. They can get any dog they want, but they decide to get a pit bull so they can prove to everyone that their pit wont attack anyone. They're always so “lovable” until they decide to turn on a five year old because he/she looked at it funny and tear the poor child's face off so he/she is unrecognizable. Great parents for letting these useless animals around their kids. It's a known fact that pit bulls turn on their owners, sometimes years after they've been so “lovable” and raised from a puppy, so don't give me that bs about it only being the way that they are trained. Being a killer is in their blood. Yes, it's mostly nurture, but it's also some nature too. Go ahead, use your children to try and prove that they're such cute and lovable little puppies, but when half of your child's face is in the mouth of your beloved pit bull, let me know how cute he used to look when he licked and slobbered all over your face. Those animals need to be sent straight to the sun so we can watch some fireworks. That'd put a smile right on my face. Oh yeah, to the “tough guys” that get their panties in a bunch- maybe you should start working out so you can be tough, instead of just trying to look tough by having a pit with you. Thank god those things don't live as long as humans do. One more thing- you journal staff really know how to get the point across. I enjoyed what you wrote despite all of these idiots commenting because their dog hasn't turned on them quite yet. Don't worry, they'll ALL change their minds when their pit bulls pull a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Good day!!

27. Lee
    May 23, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Steve Burges, obviously you have not had any exposure to pit bulls. And you have closed your mind to learning about them. You believe the hype and that's it. Anyone that advocates the torture of dogs should be removed from mainstream society. THAT is a threat that we do not need.

28. Steve Burgess
    May 25, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Don't be too hasty. If it attacks like a monster and behaves like a monster, then, you got it, it's a monster. Even one attack a year is too many. If you can think of ten (or more) other dogs that have attacked the same amount or more, then THOSE shouldn't be trusted near children anyway. Sorry, but I take the life of a child more seriously than the life of a slobbering animal. Obviously, you're one of the people that loves their pet more than any member of their family (including their children). Even if there is a very tiny risk that one of those things could attack your child (if you have any children), do you think it's a smart idea to let one near your kid? Of course you think it's a smart idea. There's no way that one would ever attack your kid. That's impossible. And yes, I advocate the torture of dogs that torture people. Maybe we should let murderers run free. Hell, see if they might want to babysit your kid. Talk to the families on convicts. They'll all tell you that he/she isn't really a murderer. I'm sure you'd believe them. After all, you come from the same breed 🙂 (no pun intended)

29. Steve Burgess
    May 25, 2010 at 12:21 pm

How can 2 pits thank someone? Just wondering

30. David Spurtee
    May 25, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Type in “Pit bull attack” on youtube. There's your statistics. People put bs statistics out there so people will get those things out of the pound. They belong six feet under

31. May 31, 2010 at 4:28 pm

PitVictim was attacked once, her arm bitten and broken by a Pit Bull.
    She has since made it her life mission to ban the breed.
    Oh, and to spam all Pit Bull threads with her website.

32. May 31, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Proof of the adage: Small minds focus on small problems.

33. May 31, 2010 at 4:57 pm

More spam…see?

34. May 31, 2010 at 5:29 pm

And yet you still do not see the correlation between the irresponsible owner and the dogs?
    Using your logic, can I say for sure that all rat terrier owners are idiots?

35. May 31, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Look … it's a “PitVictim Spam-a-thon”on this thread.

36. May 31, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I never click on links pasted in threads, but did this time because of your comment.
    Funny though, after after reading the page, the information given is the same that I read about, for these incidences, on dogsbite.org.
    So if these aren't facts, then neither is what's written on dogsbite.
    The only difference is that KC's blog takes a more common-sense approach in it's reporting of the facts.

37. May 31, 2010 at 6:22 pm

But they ARE the most popular dog with IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE in the US.

38. May 31, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Note, once again, when confronted with facts that americasigh and ilk will not reply.

39. May 31, 2010 at 6:38 pm

My Pits thank me every time I feed them, take them out, pet them…
    If you had experience with Pits, you'd know.

40. May 31, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Myself, I love my dogs and Pit Bulls in general. I found this link while doing my never-ending research on the breed.
    Now, just out of curiosity, how did YOU find it, and WHY if you're truly “sick of Pits”?

41. May 31, 2010 at 6:56 pm

While, granted, some 1200 people have been killed by Pit Bulls over the last 30 years, countless MILLIONS of Pit Bulls that have lived during the same time period have not attacked, injured, or killed anything or anyone.
    97%, or more, of those attacks could have –and SHOULD have– been prevented.
    As others have stated earlier, focus on the HUMAN factor of the problem, and these attacks, as well as many others problems, will be reduced dramatically.

42. raw
    June 2, 2010 at 7:59 am

Own one and you will know.

43. raw
    June 2, 2010 at 8:13 am

http://www.DogsBite.org????So you think this site has the credentials to provide data??? Do ur research again and see why this site is specifically against PITBULLS. Don't u understand tht this is a way to b in limelight. I do not know why they call it dogsbite whereas if u see this site it is only pitbullsbite.org. You can see pictures of victims but u hardly see pics of dogs who bit(mauled)them. So in which way this site is giving right information?????I am sure if they can put REAL pics of culprit dogs people will know that APBT is nowwhere to be considered as dangerous.

44. raw
    June 3, 2010 at 2:06 am

http://www.pitattacksbystate.blogspot.com I went to this site and saw this ( Amanda Wallace, who also lives nearby, said.Wallace claims the family's white pit bull also has too much freedom.”It's chased my little girl, which is 17 months old and we take of three other girls that are three, five, and six, and we can't even go out there, because every time we go out there, the dog wants to run up in the yard and growl at them)

Now my confusion is hw PITBULL(who u think is dangerous)can chase 17 months old girl???? This whole story is fabricated. First 17 month old girl can hardly run. Second she in no means can out run a PITBULL.

45. raw
    June 3, 2010 at 4:48 am

Fuc* u. Everytime one person gives data u just ignore and everytime u provide just BS&*t from one FUC*^ site called dogsBite.org or some stupid fuc&*&^s blog. Atleast show some relevant data for wat u say. I am not even American but I still love the breed which AMERICA created. I do not even stay in U.S.

How come only in ur country u have pitbull problems?????According to u every pitbull is dangerous thn hw come Pitbull in other countries(worldwide)do not involve themselves in mauling of kids????

Does tht means our PITBULLS are good only because we do not have FUC&*G RETARDS like u or websites like dogsbite.org?

46. raw
    June 3, 2010 at 5:05 am

LOL….THIS IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO PIT MOLESTED VICTIM……..

47. raw
    June 3, 2010 at 5:22 am

ur poor Rat terrier RIP. It should be u who shud be mauled.

But the funniest thing which i have read is that U got a shotgun AND a baseball bat to protect urself from a Pitbull???? U really have lost ur mind or u r jst another nut case. I cant decide wat will u buy if u think to fight against robbers or thugs_______TANK or FIGHTER PLANE??????????wait one more thing and i m sure u will think abt this too ______NUCLEAR BOMB……
    ……HAHAHAHAAHAHA

FUC&*&* NUT CASE…….

48. raw
    June 3, 2010 at 7:08 am

HAHAHAHAHA

49. Kathy
    June 4, 2010 at 1:38 pm

OMG!!!! I have 3 pit bulls that are the most loveable dogs that i have ever owned. Who the hell wrote this article? Do your research! It's all in how you raise them. This is such a ridiculous article!! How many more loving dogs will have to be put in shelters because people who are uneducated people write articles like this? It is so sad!!!

50. Kathy
    June 4, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Does anyone know of any apartments in the area that allow pitbulls? They all seem to have breed restrictions. Please let me know? Thank you